Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Bunnies in the Grass" Cupcakes

I just wanted to quickly show you guys my newest addition on cupcake artistry that I made for my little birthday get together a couple of weeks ago. My dear mother in law gave me this wonderful book called "Hello, Cupcake!" by Karen Tack and Alan Ridchardson for Christmas last year and I finally had an opportunity to try something out. I know, why need an opportunity for baking cupcakes, right?

Anyway, we had a cake but I thought that maybe the kiddies would enjoy their own cupcakes. This is what they looked like (I only made fifteen, instead of the twenty-four, so the effect isn't that great but good enough). I thought the bunny/grass cupcakes would be cute, because my birthday was the Saturday before Easter.


And this is what they looked like, being eaten by Sofia and her friends Nicholas and Zoe! I guess they liked them?


The cupcakes were chocolate, for the grass I used a green tinted, basic vanilla frosting and decorated it with malt eggs and flower sprinkles. The bunnies were first coated with chocolate frosting, and then rolled in crumbled Oreo cookies (for the fur effect). I didn't use the the Oreo filling, just the cookies. The feet I made with white fondant and chocolate frosting decor, the tail a sugar covered mini marshmallows.

It was so much fun to make!

No comments: