Sunday, April 5, 2009

4 Years and Counting...

Joe and I celebrated our fourth anniversary yesterday! Wow, I seriously can't believe it's been four years already! We've been quite busy during that time. Some of things we've accomplished are:
* moved from our tiny appartment in Palo Alto to our rental house in Sunnyvale,
* bought a house in Nampa, Idaho (just for the heck of it)
* had a beautiful baby daughter
* visited Switzerland for 6 weeks (well, Sofia and I. Joe joined us for the last 2)
* lived through Joe's kidney stones
* and finally bought a house for us here in San Jose, CA

To celebrate our fourth year together, he surprised me, by arranging a date night, organizing a babysitter (thank you again Bigi and Angi!), making sure they had something for dinner (which is like, a huge deal for me, not having to figure that out), making a reservation at the Left Bank in Santana Row, and taking me out to the movies later on. This might not sound like a big deal to some of you, but to me, it means the world! I have been so busy digging up our backyard that I almost forgot about our special day! I mean I knew it was coming up, but did not even attempt to arrange anything...and certainly didn't expect anything!

We had a great night out, enjoyed each other's company, without the monkey's interruption (as cute as she is!) and I thank my husband for taking charge, and surprising me like that! Love you, babe!

2 comments:

Janine Evans said...

oh my GOODNESS, that is awesome.
I am jealous.
Surprises aren't on Andrew's radar. (which sucks because I love them.)
way to go, Joe.
And happy 4th anniversary. Good for you.
xo
Janine

Susan said...

Congratulations! what a good husband....