Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"I Can Do It Myself"

That's the phrase I've been hearing most often from my 33 month old these days. In fact it happened about 3 days ago and has just been increasing ever since. It's actually kinda cute; she's figured out how to get herself dressed in the morning (with VERY little help getting those pants over the tush), putting her PJ's on at night and so on. She's also trying to "help" wherever she can, like doing the dishes, pouring a drink, opening the fridge/freezer (she seems to be particularly proud of this one), as well as, opening "her" mail, and she is determined to cook! OK, it mainly consist of putting her food in the microwave to heat up, but she loves to help me prep and I will let her help wherever she can. She is getting really good at mixing that pancake mix on Sunday mornings, let me tell you! It's so cute to see how proud she is of herself when she accomplishes something.
Today for example, we were at the library and as usual, she wants to sit on the computer and "play". Well, this is very boring for me, because I usually end up playing her games because she's too young to operate the mouse. The darned computer was free when we got there, and sure enough, like a magnet she got pulled to it. So I told her she'd get 5 minutes and then we'd go check out some books. I told her, like I always do, to try and get that little cursor to a certain spot and then clicking on it, which as of now, she could do either one OR the other. But today, she grabbed a hold of that mouse and actually hit those buttons! Needless to say, we played for more than 5 minutes. I was so amazed, that I just had to write this down in here.

Joe and I think, she's going through a big cognitive leap right now, and it's just so much fun to watch! Her speech is improving more and more, and her thoughts are really complex sometimes. I feel so unbelievably fortunate to be able to stay home and see her develop like this! It's incredible. Thanks hon, for making that possible!

Anyway, this is one of her latest shots:

1 comment:

Janine Evans said...

she's pointing and clicking a mouse!?!? I'm amazed.
We leave for Maine tomorrow and get back the week of the 27th.
Can we do a family dinner night and then plot when we can do ladies' night our and men's night out sometime somehow?!