Friday, July 23, 2010

Cleansing

Well, it has been quite a while since my last post, but I'm back and I'm planning on giving you at least 21 days of posts this year! Why 21 you ask? Because as of tomorrow dear husband and I are starting a cleanse, which will hopefully last 21 days. We've never done anything the like and I'm not sure how I'm going to do, but I figured I have absolutely nothing to lose! Well I do, actually, about 30lbs. However, while I don't think I will lose that much weight, I'm really hoping I will "cleanse" as much as I can. What do I mean by that? Literally cleanse, of course. I feel like I've been lugging so much unwanted stuff along with me, emotional and physical stuff, that I've become super sluggish and sedentary...sniff...sniff... yes it's sad but true.

I do believe that I live a somewhat healthy lifestyle, but all that baking I've beed doing lately surely isn't helping, even though I give most of it away. Plus, of course, I'm going home in about 6 weeks and I just can't shake the fact that my dear mother will certainly have a comment or two about my figure. Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly, but sometimes she just doesn't know when to shut up (and no, she will never find out I just said that, unless you know her and will translate it for her >:( )

The cleanse we're doing is by Alejandro Junger, M.D. I first heard about him and his book Clean on the Martha Stewart Show this week. Actually, I believe it was a re-run, but I'm glad I caught it! His cleanse incorporates smoothies, juices, soups and one meal a day, which you eat for lunch. He gives you all the recipes you will need for a 21 day cleanse, which is great, because if I had to come up with that stuff myself I might as well give up right now. Also, I don't quite have the money to buy a kit. So this works well for me. At least I hope so.

So tomorrow morning, instead of cereal or eggs or pancakes, I will make us a lovely Mango and Coconut milk smoothie! Sounds pretty darn good, no? I think the hardest part for me will be giving up caffeine and sugar, of course! Heck, I tried to not drink my morning Earl Grey today and I got all crabby and short tempered, not to mention suuuper tired right around 2pm, when I usually have another one, or worse, COFFEE!!!

So, cleansing it is. Tomorrow, first day. Come back and check out how I'm doing! I might even reveal some stats, who knows!

No comments: